About Christo Motz
Christo Motz in the media
Elementary Survival Medicine
Our society is made up of private companies, governmental and non-governmental organisations. This framework and everyday life depend on the infrastructure provided by the utility companies. What happens if this critical infrastructure is unexpectedly disrupted by manmade or natural disasters, e.g. (cyber) terrorism or floods, or pandemics such as caused by the COVID-19 virus?
This book aims at helping those who want to help themselves.
Christo Motz is a Dutch international expert on hostile environment capabilities & resilience. He has worked in this field since 1999.
Presently, he advises international companies, government organisations and bodies within the charity and development sector on how they can develop their ability to operate safely and successfully in hostile environments, and to manage crisis situations effectively.
Christo Motz is the author of books and articles as well as the co-editor of leading international magazines on Survival and Acute Emergency Medicine.
He also produced the film AVANTO, Winter swimming, Survival and The Art of Living, a journey by Christo Motz, 2017
Christo Motz owns the following certificates:
- Instructor First Aid, BLS, PBLS, CPR, AED (Dutch Orange Cross, Dutch Resuscitation Council)
- Company Safety Instructor (NIBHV), The Netherlands
- Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician (WMA), USA
- Emergency medical care: SPEIG, BATLS, HPGAMA, GOLAMA, trauma part SF-Medic Course, Defense Healthcare School and Training Centre (DGOTC) at the corporal van Oudheusden barracks, Hilversum, The Netherlands
- Firefighter, The Netherlands
- SERE A-instructor (Kaitseliit, Estonian Civil Defence), Estonia